Web development is the creation of content that can be used on the World Wide Web. This content is hosted on web servers that allow users to access the content from any device via an internet connection. While some content (pages) on the web is static and remains the same, the changing needs and preferences of the users have enhanced the need for developing dynamic and interactive content. This task of creating customizable dynamic content for the users is possible via the use of complex web applications and programming languages that allow scripting.
This is where Java comes in. It is a widely used programming language for the creation of online content. Highly popular amongst web developers for the creation of enterprise websites and mobile applications, Java programming is also used for the creation of server-side and client-side software technologies. You too can learn this highly useful language by doing a Java certification course from a reputed institute.
Java is an object-oriented language that allows developers greater flexibility in creating custom code.
The main features of this write-once-run-anywhere language are:
- It is easy to learn and users need to understand the basic concept of OOP Java.
- Unlike other languages like C and C++, it is compiled into a platform-independent byte code that is distributed over the web and can be interpreted by the virtual machine on the platform being used.
- It has a security feature that allows the development of virus-free systems. The authentication techniques are based on public-key encryption. The language prevents developers from writing commands that can result in poor programming or crash of applications.
- Java compiler generates an architecture-neutral object file format which means the compiled code can be executed on many processors, with the presence of a Java runtime system.
- It is portable and rapid.
- It eliminates error-prone situations by focusing on compile-time error checking and runtime checking.
- The language’s multithreaded features enable the writing of programs for interactive applications.
- Designed for the distributed environment of the internet, Java is more dynamic than other programming languages. It can carry an extensive amount of run-time information that can be used to verify and resolve accesses to objects at run-time.
Why Choose Java for Web Development?
Java is suitable for developing web applications because of its ability to communicate with a large number of systems. Although many other programming languages are available for web development, Java is widely preferred because of its ease of learning and vast availability of resources.
Another feature that makes Java programming popular is its platform independence which means that the Java code can be run on any device irrespective of the operating system. The language can even be used for developing mobile applications. This is why Java is widely used in online stores, search engines, games, social media networks, content management systems, and even advertising.
Get ready to enter the field of web development by taking the first step of joining a Java certification course and learning the nuances of this highly popular programming language. Follow this up by choosing an integrated development environment or IDE and a framework (a collection of packages and libraries to allow faster programming) for creating complex web applications. You can learn this programming language side by side while doing any other course even a PGDBM banking course.